Monday, September 17, 2007

Freecycle Finds



I have only recieved two items from freecycle. The first was a burn barrel. The second, this Coleman gas grill! Out last grill was a freebie from out neighbors, but after years of use it caught fire one day and I was scared to ever use it again; so I gave it away on freecycle. As it turned out, the gentleman who was giving this grill away only lived a few neighborhoods from mine. I was too excited to wait for my husband to get home (he has a truck), so I called a friend to go with me to pick it up since it was a man giving it away. Well, good thing I took her and her teenage son because the thing was REALLY heavy and it didn't fit well in the back of my SUV. Determined to get this grill home, we tied the back door closed and her son had to hold it to keep it from falling out. We drove home about 10mph to prevent it from busting out my back glass. The saying "you might be a redneck if" kept coming to mind while we trying to get it in my vehicle. Oh well, I have a new used gas grill!

No comments: