Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Banana Cake?

My friend brought this delightful cake to work for us a couple weeks ago and I got the recipe from her last night. I am baking it as I type. I have had banana bread, muffins, cream pie, and pudding, but never cake. One word can only describe this cake:YUMMY!

Banana Cake
*1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
*1 Cup ripe Bananas-mashed
*1 Cup Sour Cream
*3 eggs
*1/4 cup Oil
Blend all sour cream and bananas together well.
Add all other ingredients and blend on medium
speed for 2 minutes. Pour in a 9X13 greased and
floured pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven
for 35 minutes.
Icing
*1 stick of Butter
*8 oz Cream Cheese
*1 16oz bag Powdered Sugar
Blend together well and spread over cake.
My friend made her cake in 2 9in. round pans. The actual recipe instructs to cut the 9X13 cake into two squares and frost that way. I personally liked the cake by itself because it is soooooo moist, so I will just sprinkle some powdered sugar on mine. Okay, I just pulled it out of the oven and it smells heavenly!

No comments: